EghtesadOnline: Deputy Foreign Minister for the Euro-American Affairs, Majid Takht-e Ravanchi, said on Friday that Iran will never allow re-opening of the JCPOA file.
Takht-e Ravanchi made the remarks in response to recent claims of the US President-elect Donald Trump's choice for the secretary of state regarding the JCPOA revising, according to IRNA.
'This is not only our stand but also that of all the G5+1 member states,' the official said.
Commenting on the last week joint meeting of Iran and the G5+1, Takht-Ravanchi said the meeting convened upon the request of Iran to discuss the US extension of the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA), which Tehran believes runs contrary to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), signed last year.
The meeting also aimed at reviewing the US disloyalties in implementing the JCPOA over the past year, he said.
The official noted all the participating parties stressed that nothing should be allowed to impede implementation of the JCPOA.
The US side has also provided assurances that the ISA extension would not harm the JCPOA, Takht-e Ravanchi said, adding, 'We have to wait and see what will happen in practice.'