EghtesadOnline: Iran’s Foreign Ministry said officials of the administration of US President Donald Trump are waiting "in vain" for telephone contact with Iranian officials.
Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Mousavi stressed on Sunday that Tehran “will not make the first move for talks in which international law and rules are not upheld”, ISNA reported.
Mousavi also said sanctions on Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif and Iran’s economy and at the same time US statements saying Washington is ready for negotiations show “lack of sincerity”.
US State Department spokesperson, Morgan Ortagus, said in May that if Iran wants to talk to the US “they know who to call”, referring to Trump, Financial Tribune reported.
After withdrawing from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal last year, Trump has repeatedly expressed his readiness in recent months to negotiate with Iran “without preconditions”.
President Hassan Rouhani has said the lifting of US sanctions and Washington’s return to the nuclear accord is the precondition for any talks.