EghtesadOnline: Venues providing wedding receptions and funeral wakes will be hosting guests at one-fourth of their capacity during the Norouz (Iranian New Year) holidays (from March 21 to April 2), Khosro Ebrahimnia, the head of Reception Hall Owners’ Union says.
Noting that the Interior Ministry has not issued a directive regarding the closure of reception halls during holidays, Ebrahiminia said, “A maximum of 70 people will be able to attend an event in reception halls that normally host 400 people to allow for social distancing … All personnel must wear protective masks and gloves, and there should be a generous supply of sanitizer.”
The official noted that at present, people are reluctant to use services provided by reception halls, because of which one year into the Covid-19 pandemic, nearly 70% of the wedding venues are still closed, Mehr News Agency reported.
According to health guidelines, there should be no buffet service at reception halls. Buffet service presents a significant risk as physical distancing is difficult and there are shared touch points.
Reception halls will be inspected by the Health Ministry, Iran Chamber of Guilds and representatives of the related union.
After the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, the government banned reception halls from holding wedding ceremonies or other gatherings.
Reception halls are not allowed to charge penalties for cancellation or change of dates of booking following the outbreak of coronavirus, Ebrahiminia said in February.
He called on the public to file complaint with the union, should they encounter any violations on the part of reception halls.
Some 90% of reception halls have gone bankrupt, the head of Reception Hall Owners Union said in August.
“So far, 60% of these businesses have filed for bankruptcy. We are unable to compensate the damages incurred anytime soon,” Ebrahiminia was quoted as saying by the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting.