EghtesadOnline: Think of ISO 9001 as a one-stop solution for all your quality problems. With its help, you can meet your customers' requirements and exceed their expectations.
In this article, we will talk about what ISO 9001 is, how to get certified, and its benefits, both the ones that are commonly known and the ones that are less discussed.
What is ISO 9001?
The ISO 9001 standard contains a set of recommendations that organisations can utilise to build an auditable Quality Management System (QMS).
To acquire certification, you need to undergo an external audit via a certification body that will check your processes, personnel and documentation for their appropriateness to handle and maintain the efficiency of the QMS.
What is the ISO 9001 certification process?
To get certified, you must undergo a stringent external audit of your QMS. To prepare for the external audit, you must conduct a gap analysis to identify the deficiencies in how your processes operate and the recommendations of ISO 9001.
After addressing these deficiencies, you will have a QMS that aligns with the requirements of ISO 9001.
Additionally, you must now prepare your employees for the upcoming external audit by helping them understand the importance of quality management through training programmes, specific quality policies, adequate resources and managerial support.
After your employees and your QMS are well prepared for the external audit, conduct a mock drill.
This audit will allow you to identify any remaining deficiencies before the actual audit. To show your commitment to maintaining your QMS, you must present internal audit reports and management review records to the external auditor.
If you want to take the first step to get the certification, read the article on how to prepare for iso 9001 certification.
ISO 9001 benefits
There are endless benefits of ISO 9001. Firstly and fore-mostly, ISO 9001 aligns your quality objectives, policies and work instructions, helping you foster a "quality-first" environment in your organisation. This allows you to:
• Enjoy customer appreciation: Whenever customers are delighted with the quality of a company's products, they not only make repeated purchases but also go online and give their love. As you implement the recommendations of ISO 9001, you will notice a drastic improvement in your customer satisfaction rates.
• Explore business opportunities: The ISO 9001 recommendations create a cycle of continual improvement that helps you explore business opportunities and allows you to apply for tenders that may otherwise be out of your reach. Many organisations, especially government bodies and private sectors, ask for the ISO 9001 certificate from their bidders.
• Save more money: Many financial drains are caused when your processes become unnecessarily complicated. As ISO 9001 simplifies your work processes and removes any excess bureaucratic clauses or redundancies, you become more efficient and can save a lot more. Additionally, because your quality now becomes consistent and your operations incorporate best practices, you have lesser faulty or substandard products, leading to lesser recalls and more savings.
• Enjoy better work culture: ISO 9001 requires you to clarify all the roles and responsibilities across your organisation and provide managerial support to your employees so they can effectively and efficiently do their jobs. Additionally, as the work processes become simplified, their tasks become more accessible. Consequently, the workers become more productive, and the work environment becomes less stressful. The work culture also improves because of regular employee engagement. As the ISO 9001 standard urges managers to take and incorporate employee feedback into the processes, employees begin to feel valued and become more attached to the organisation, helping to elevate the work culture.
• Enjoy better brand credibility: You will notice that when you become ISO 9001 certified, your stakeholders will begin to showcase greater confidence in your ability to handle any emergencies, new launches or adopting new strategies.
This is because your stakeholders and interested parties will understand that you are invested in growing your business and are not afraid of undergoing audits.
By acquiring the ISO 9001 certificate, you have proved to your stakeholders that quality and customer requirements are your prime focus. Therefore, your stakeholders are confident in your ability to produce more significant profits.
If you are still unsure about the endless benefits of ISO 9001 certification, we suggest you read the ISO 9001 Certification page. This page provides complete information about the benefits of ISO 9001.
ISO 9001 consultant
An easy hack to enjoy the benefits of ISO 9001 is to hire an ISO 9001 consultant to implement the QMS within your organisation. An ISO 9001 consultant is an individual who has undergone training in the intricacies of the standard and, therefore, would be able to help you mitigate any issues while developing your QMS.
Their customised advice will allow you to build a functional QMS, not only on paper but also in reality.
Hiring an ISO 9001 consultant is an excellent return on investment; with their guidance, the certification process becomes manageable and manageable.
Most consultants will help you build the QMS, align your documents, train your employees for the upcoming audit, suggest training programmes, and assist with internal audits.
The benefits of ISO 9001 are endless, but to name a few, you will enjoy happier work culture, better brand credibility, more significant business opportunities and heartfelt customer appreciation.
If you are looking to get ISO 9001 certificate, you can call 0061280056444. ISO 9001 consultants will help you get your certificate in less than 3 weeks.