EghtesadOnline: A meeting of the Central Council of Iran's Trade and Agriculture Unions was held today morning in the hall of the Ministry of Agricultural Jihad, attended by Abbas Keshavarz, head of the Agricultural Jihad.
According to PAT, at the beginning of the meeting, Dr. Hossein Shirzad, Deputy Minister and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rural Cooperatives pointed out the problems of farmers in the water governance system and said: In some countries water management is transferred to the public sector and in some countries to the private sector. In my opinion, the best way to govern water resources in our country right now is the participation of trade and agricultural systems. This is being followed in some countries by the passage of government management and the formation of the water market, and we believe that the participation of the agricultural trade system in our country will lead to a fair distribution of water resources. Another solution that has been suggested by international forums for the allocation of basic resources for about five years is the transfer of basic natural resources to agricultural trade unions, namely water governance in catchments with the participation of cooperatives. Trade Union Assignments This is a top position for the trade union system to follow water problems and overcome crises.
Dr. Shirzad said: "water governance should be discussed in the committees of the Ministry of Energy and the presence of the agricultural trade union in these decision-making sessions is very necessary. On the other hand, water tariffs are very important. Trade unions must express their views and stand on their own and defend the interests of the farmers and the agricultural sector of the country. Hossein Shirzad talked about the issue of taxation in the agricultural sector and said: "Taxation is very important in the field of agriculture and if the trade system does not enter into this issue we will face many problems in the future and its consequences will be costly. Affected products do not diminish our competitiveness in export markets and are not in the national interest. Another issue is the issue of milk surplus in February and March that needs to be addressed. The surplus of milk must surely be exported, and if this is not the case, we will be in crisis on Eid –e-Nowruz . The trade union is required to declare milk surplus to the market regulator to export at least some of the milk powder to the factories, in which case the plants have the necessary cash to buy both the milk surplus and their bank debts.
in another part of his speech, the head of the Central Organization of Rural Cooperatives of Iran, pointed out to export duties in Khuzestan and said: The export duties of dates are very high. The toll on export dates has shifted to Khuzestan dates, and in the next few months it will be to Sistan and Baluchistan dates, and this matter should be pursued by correspondence with the country's market regulator .
Deputy Minister of Agriculture Jihad on saffron farmers' demands said: The task of the central organization of rural cooperatives is to purchase, store and set standard and guidelines and to do this in the best possible way with 72 tons of saffron. But financing of these saffron were bought by the central bank and operating banks, which unfortunately some banks have not fulfilled their obligations and we are consulting with all the problems so far 32% of the saffron workers' liabilities in the provinces have been paid up to The next 20 days will reach 40%. The commitment of the Rural Co-operative until the sale of saffron and the supply in the stock markets is about 30%, and with all our efforts we will achieve this percentage by 40% by the end of the year.
Dr. Shirzad on selling bulk paste on commodity exchange said: "This is completed to pay off the tomatoes debt and so far we have paid 93% of the debt of the tomatoes and the remaining 7% will be paid before Eid –e-Nowruz . In these economic conditions, it is very difficult to get facilities from banks, but we are trying to do that.
Dr Shirzad added: "One of the important issues in reducing market margins and achieving a fair price system is the presence of trade unions in the fruit and vegetable fields. You should take advantage of this historic opportunity and the trade system in both the city council and the fruit and vegetable fields. Attend the decision-making centers of the fruit and vegetable market to collect the unnecessary margins of the supply market.
At the end, Shirzad, referring to the crisis of surplus production in agricultural and livestock products, said :to solve this crisis, the active and informed presence of the trade union in the pattern of cultivation and participation in production value chains , Plains and agricultural poles are essential.