EghtesadOnline: Iran exported 27,000 tons of eggs during the first nine months of the current Iranian year (March 21-Dec. 21) to neighboring countries, according to the head of Iran Veterinary Organization.
Alireza Rafieipour noted that with the improvement of the quality of Iranian eggs, the country can also export to Eurasian and Central Asian nations, IRNA reported.
According to Deputy Agriculture Minister Morteza Rezaei, Iran's egg production is predicted to increase by 11% this year (March 2019-20) compared to last year (March 2018-19) to reach 1 million tons.
A total of 900,000 tons of eggs were produced in Iran last year (March 2018-19), 90% of which by industrial units and the remaining 10% by local farmers, Financial Tribune reported.
Each Iranian consumes an average of 200 eggs annually.
According to Rezaei, Iran is the 10th biggest egg producer in the world and fifth in Asia.