• Samba 65 00% 56.65%
    Joga2002 635.254 50% 63.63%
    Bra52 69 23.145% -63.25%
    Joga2002 635.254 50% 63.63%
  • HangSang20 370 400% -20%
    NasDaq4 33 00% 36%
    S&P5002 60 50% 10%
    HangSang20 370 400% -20%
    Dow17 56.23 41.89% -2.635%

EghtesadOnline: Iranian egg producers are currently registering a monthly surplus of around 200,000 tons, according to the president of Tehran's Union of Egg-Laying Chicken Producers.

Nasser Nabipour noted that the surplus should be exported to help maintain a price balance and avoid losses for chicken farmers, Young Journalists Club reported.

“A total of 20,000 tons of eggs have been exported from Iran since the beginning of the current Iranian year [March 21],” Financial Tribune quoted him as saying.

Egg exports had been banned until May 21 to ensure adequate supplies to the domestic market.

Nabipour says ad hoc decisions and policies to ban exports could lead to loss of export markets.

According to Deputy Agriculture Minister Morteza Rezaei, Iran's egg production is predicted to witness an increase of 11% this year (March 2019-20) compared to last year (March 2018-19) to reach 1 million tons.

A total of 900,000 tons of eggs were produced last year, 90% of which by industrial units and the rest 10% by local farmers.

Each Iranian consumes an average of 200 eggs annually, Mehr News Agency reported.

According to Rezaei, Iran is the 10th biggest egg producer in the world and ranks fifth in Asia.


Iran Surplus Monthly Egg Egg Producers Producers