EghtesadOnline: Lawmakers on Tuesday passed a number of measures related to the banking system and the National Development Fund of Iran while reviewing articles of the fiscal 2018-19 budget.
EghtesadOnline: Iran is the 18th biggest economy in the world, Iran's Head of the Plan and Budget Organization Mohammad-Baqer Nobakht said quoting International Monetary Fund (IMF) figures.
EghtesadOnline: The research arm of the parliament has revised upward its estimates of economic growth for the current fiscal year (March 2017-18) from the previous 4.1% to 4.6%.
EghtesadOnline: Wealth disparity is more visible in Iran today than it was a decade ago, and this is not an unfounded claim.
EghtesadOnline: The government’s overall revenues during the first nine months of the current fiscal year (March 21-Dec. 21, 2017) stood at 340.3 trillion rials ($7.24 billion), registering a rise of 27.8% compared with last year's corresponding period, while its spending hit 725.7 trillion rials ($15.44 billion) during the period to record a 35.6% growth year-on-year, the Central Bank of Iran's latest report said.
EghtesadOnline: As high-profile Iranian and European officials gathered in Paris on Thursday for the Euromoney Iran Conference 2018, an upbeat mood permeated the event with participants forecasting better investment prospects for the Middle Eastern country despite US President Donald Trump's antagonism toward the nuclear deal.
EghtesadOnline: The second Iran Conference organized by the London-based Euromoney magazine, slated for Feb. 8 in Paris and co-hosted by the Central Bank of Iran, will feature high-level Iranian officials as keynote speakers, alongside representatives of other countries.
EghtesadOnline: Data released by the Central Bank of Iran on Wednesday show that the regulator has enjoyed a healthy boost to its foreign assets in the past 12 months.
EghtesadOnline: Iran gained a higher score in the American think tank Heritage Foundation’s 2018 Index of Economic Freedom.
EghtesadOnline: Monthly payments of cash subsidies will remain in place during the next fiscal year (March 2018-19) until a formula is devised to remove high-income earners from the list of recipients, the government spokesman said.