EghtesadOnline: Foreign Ministry spokesman, Bahram Qasemi, said on Monday there has been no contact between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the US either in the past and today and there is no prospect for such relations.
Qasemi made the remarks in his weekly press conference when asked by a reporter whether Iran and the US President, Donald Trump, had had behind-the-curtain consultations and whether any message had been exchanged between the two sides via Swiss Embassy in Tehran.
The only contact between the two countries was during nuclear talks between Iran and the G5+1, he underlined, according to IRNA.
Today, when the new US President elected and is in the White House, there has been no relation or contact and no message either has been exchanged, said Qasemi, adding that he strongly rejected any report vice-versa.
'No message has been exchanged and no such a thing is on our agenda.”
The US looks forward to remain as dominant power in the world and dictate its policies to certain countries of the region, facing Iran’s resistance, said Qasemi, adding that the US has surely no option but resorting to such allegations.
Iran is an old and historical country, sharing religious, cultural and lingual commonalties with the neighbors and no one will be able to cut or even ignore such an influence, he said.
At this juncture, the status of the White House is not clear and the world and even Europeans, the main US allies, are puzzled, not knowing what to do as they face what a type of approach and what kind of president, according to the Foreign Ministry spokesman.
“So, we should be still patient and see what kind of policies we will witness,” he said.