EghtesadOnline: Shooting near a busy shopping mall in Munich on Friday evening was the third deadly attack on civilians in Western Europe in eight days.
Nine people were reportedly killed in the incident, while unofficial reports had earlier put the number of fatalities at ten.
16 others were also injured in the attack, three of them are in critical conditions, according to Munich Police Chief Hubertus Andrae.
The body of the attacker who had committed suicide was found near the scene of the incident, Andrae said.
According to IRNA, German Vice-Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel sympathized with the families of the victims, warning against any speculations about the reasons behind the attack.
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier also expressed the attack as disgusting. He said that the motive of the attacker is not clear yet.
Last night, the mosques across Munich opened their doors to those who were not able to return to their homes.
Following the shooting in Munich, Tollwood Music Festival in the city was shut down two days earlier than its closing day.
Supporters of Daesh terrorist group have expressed happiness in social networks about Friday evening shooting in Munich. This is while the German Police says it's too early to label Munich attack an act of terrorism.